The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide.
The British Council is recognized across India for its network of 9 libraries and cultural centers. We offer a range of specialized projects in arts, education, English language and society to audiences across India and more than 100,000 members. We also provide access to English language training and learning for both students and teachers and enable opportunities to study in the UK.
We also manage prestigious scholarships and training awards, including the Jubilee scholarships, the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan and the Charles Wallace India Trust awards.
Our Teaching Centers in Chennai, Kolkata and New Delhi provide a range of general and business English classes, specialized skills based programmes and young learner courses.
We work with a wide range of Indian partners in cities all over India enabling British and Indian experts to meet and collaborate and to nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
We are a globally trusted brand. Partnering with us gives you access to extensive networks in important global markets, and expertise in international learning, arts and community programmes.
Working for the British Council offers you a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in modern, rapidly changing organisation with worldwide influence and impact. Jobs with the British Council offer scope for versatility, initiative and creativity in a stimulating and supportive environment.
You will be encouraged to manage your own career. Whatever your area and level of work, a job in the British Council is a unique opportunity to develop highly transferable skills which will serve you well even if you aim to move out of the organisation in due course.
Who can apply
We are looking out for
• Candidate should be 18 years and above.
• Candidates with excellent communication skills.
• Minimum education qualification required is graduation (any graduate).
• Candidate should have basic knowledge of computer.
You will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and reputation of the BC Examinations and English Services India Private Limited and the various examination boards by ensuring that tests are delivered to prescribed standards for customer service, security and administration. You will also be accountable for promoting a positive image of the British Council by providing a high standard of customer care on the test day.
• Report promptly to test venue at agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Examinations Services staff in a timely manner.
• Follow all relevant standards & procedures, based on training and reference materials provided by the British Council Examinations Services and the relevant Exam Boards.
• Enable good customer flow by giving candidates clear direction and answering their enquiries.
• Ensure that candidates follow the agreed exam procedures regarding the location and security of their belongings.
• Conduct candidate entry, exit, identity checks and Test Day Photography procedures according to exam requirements.
• Ensure special arrangements are provided as required.
• Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue.
• Invigilate examinations to the standard required by the British Council Examinations Service and the relevant Exams Boards.
• Actively monitor candidates during tests to make sure that there is no violation of test conditions.
• Support the supervisor to ensure that candidates have a positive and consistent test day experience and a positive image of the British Council.
• Ensure all material is accounted for and handed over securely to the supervisor.
• Complete and maintain accurate records of exam assignments. Complete all reports, logs and claims accurately as required by British Council Examinations Services.
• Follow all relevant guidelines and policies in the areas of: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud.
• Report any incidents, emergencies or breaches of security to the appropriate test day supervisor.
• Work with the test day supervisor to promote and ensure the well being of candidates at all time. In case of emergencies, follow correct procedures.
• Additional duties in line with the role may be required.