Sub functional expertise sought: Academician,Leadership and management,Presentation skills,Networking,Counseling
Career level: Managerial
Company Overview :
VIDYA is a grass-root non-profit organization offering quality education and empowerment opportunities to lesser privileged children, youth and women. VIDYA believes that education leads to empowerment and transformation, both for individuals and communities. The story of VIDYA goes back to 1985, when Rashmi Misra saw five young girls playing in the drain along the edge of IIT campus, Delhi. The girls had little access to education. She opened her home to them her and that made all the difference. Since then over the past 30 years, VIDYA has touched the lives of 220,000 lesser privileged children, youth and women in Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Pune.
VIDYA’s holistic education programs provide opportunities for children and youth and women to become productive and socially responsible citizens. VIDYA also conducts basic literacy programs and awareness sessions pertaining to community issues.
Education for children in VIDYA schools and in the extended hours Beyond School Program rest on three pillars: Educational Enrichment, with an emphasis on academic assistance, reading with comprehension, English, applied Science and Math; Life Skills with its focus on gender, diversity, environment and safety; Computer Literacy as an applied form of learning. That children learn in more ways than one is an integral part of every VIDYA teacher’s orientation. The use of Arts, experiential learning opportunities like excursions, meaningful learning experiences as in the use of stories and books for the Reading Program, events such as the Lit Fest, Science Fair that encourage participation at every level are integral to the program. There are new beginnings each day as VIDYA continues to bring about social change through education.
• VIDYA is a grass-roots organization with more than decades of experience in education and empowering the lesser-privileged urban communities across 3 cities.
• VIDYA has been running education programs in communities as well as in school for last 15 years in Mumbai, thus building a vast knowledge base of methodology and curriculum.
• VIDYA is certified by Credibility Alliance and also by GiveIndia, UnitedWay and Charities Aid Foundation.
• VIDYA is poised for growth into more schools and communities and also looking at entering partnerships to expand its outreach.
• The impact of VIDYA’s programs is seen not only in the success of its students and alumni, but also in the community led transformation it brings about.
• VIDYA has eminent partners like Rotary Club of Bombay, NIIT Foundation, Magic Bus enabling us to further enrich the quality of our intervention
Job Description :
Vacancy at VIDYA Mumbai
Position title : Program Manager - Beyond School program
Employment type : Full time (44 hours/week)
Location : VIDYA Mumbai Head Office
Reporting to : Director – Operations and Strategy
This position is for assigning responsibility of overall program management and achieving
• Achieving program goals across all program centers, bringing in innovation and fresh ideas wherever possible
• Managing staff and resources across centers ensuring smooth operation
• Scheduling program related activities and events
• Liaising with other programs and teams to ensure beneficiary progress - like
• Networking and collaboration with suitable partners for program growth
Administration and Reporting:
• Preparing program reports for donor
• Supplying program data for newsletters, website etc
• Ensuring fair attendance records for team as well as beneficiaries
• Liaise with office to understand and be able to explain the rules, regulations
and policies of VIDYA to subordinates
• Maintaining any financial transactions if required
Skills & Qualifications:
• Graduate / Masters Degree in Business Administration will be an added qualification
• Minimum 3 years of progressive program management experience including problem solving, project development, implementation, and monitoring and performance evaluation;
• Prior experience in providing training in the field of education and Soft Skills training (i.e., coaching, interpersonal communication, Conflict Management)
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi; Knowledge of a third language is a plus
• Exceptional verbal, written, analytical, presentation, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Competency in building relationships and alliances across donor organizations
• High personal integrity and ethics
• Self-motivated team player with desire and ability to learn rapidly
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of staff levels and with external vendors;
• Excellent planning, time management, decision-making and organization skills
• Commitment to the cause of education & training and passion for serving the society
Who can apply :
All the candidates who are residing in Powai ,fluent in communication, have managerial experience of minimum 3 years of handling project in NGO are eligible to apply.